Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I learned a lot actually. I have learned that I have limits being in front of a camera, especially on a bad day when I don't want to see anybody or be seen for that matter. I learned that I'm a bit more of a brat than I gave myself credit for. I was a real jerk to Priscilla [Hill] in the closing months of our relationship.

I also learned that I am a very talented figure skater, but a lazy one at that. Those moments when I was crying or slacking off could have been spent working and who knows, perhaps I'd have more than one world medal.
--ifsmagazine.com, "Johnny Weir: A Fallen Angel Rising" by Susan D. Russell and Susan Wessling, August 3, 2009
(on what he learned while filming the documentary movie Pop Star on Ice)

No comments:

Post a Comment