Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

(T)he only thing I can really change is my ending position. This year, in that short program, I've skated it clean so many times that I'll change it. I'll either feel myself up, or I'll do a head twist, or a bop, or like, wipe something off my mouth, and at the Olympics, I just felt like, you know what, I'm going to blow a kiss to everybody.
--Los Angeles Times, "Johnny Weir talks to the Los Angeles Times" (video), by Maria Elena Fernandez, March 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment