Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

For every moment I feel I could have had by winning the medal, I’ve gained by somehow not winning the medal. I don’t know how that worked.
--latimesblogs.com, Show Tracker, "Johnny Weir's Weird World ... we kinda love it," by Maria Elena Fernandez and Denise Martin, March 8, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Winning the medal would have been great, but he also gained by not winning. Still doesn't take away the sting I guess...not completely anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every word out of his mouth, but I particularly like this quote. His life has taken so many interesting turns since the Olympics. I don't think he'd have had half these opportunities if he'd won a medal. Good on him for seeing that. I never saw someone with such a talent for finding the positive before. One of the many, many things to love about Johnny Weir! Thanks for this blog, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete