Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

I have worked very hard, done amazing things with my life just the way I am and if you have an issue, go watch a football game instead of the skating. I'm a comfortably gay man and everything you see on TV is me, it's genuine. If you don't like it, go watch Bravo.
--Instagram, March 29, 2015
(part of Johnny's response to a message he had received after the World's broadcast that said in part, "I'm gay too...you are too gay for TV broadcasting. Dress appropriate, get a hair cut and don't make it a drag show. Make us proud not ashamed.")

No comments:

Post a Comment