Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

[Nick McCarvel: Now lastly, we interviewed you in September on Icenetwork, and you told Agnes Zawadzki two careers that you would take on if you weren't a skater. Do you remember what they were?]

Um, I feel like fashion designer was one of them? No?

[Nick McCarvel: No.]

Don't...I feel like...[long pause]...stripper? No?

[Nick McCarvel: Not quite. But maybe.]

Orthodontist! I know that's gotta be a...no what did I say because I can do lots of things?

[Nick McCarvel: Physicist and astronaut.]

Certainly. Yes. You know I keep those in my back pocket. Those are things that I've already, like, accomplished, and I have worked on a little bit. So those other things I gave you were, you know, hopes and dreams. Strippin'.
--icenetwork.com, "How Much Does Johnny Weir Know About Johnny Weir?" video, Bank of America Special Olympics Showcase at Bryant Park, February 24, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment