Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

With our marriage vows in the last moments of 2011 came my responsibility to become an upstanding Voronov and a social butterfly flittering around this Soviet, Russian, Ukrainian, Jewish, Communist, Non-Communist, glamorous family so that they understand that I am a nice goy and that I won’t shame the established name they’ve created over generations. I also needed to convince a bunch of them that I didn’t turn the star grandbaby into a gay man for my own amusement.
--fcnp.com, "Johnny’s World: Привет: Part 1," April 11, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment