Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

To be competitive you have to somewhat play by the rules and I'm prepared to do that. I'm learning how to do a whole footwork sequence on one foot and do a quadruple flip with my finger in my nose, and my costume--you know, doing a complete change while I'm in the middle of the air and turning from a swan to a deck of cards or something. Whatever I have to do--set fireworks off out of my ass, I don't care what I have to do...I'll try.
--press conference, U.S. Nationals, January 27, 2012
(on his return to competitive skating)

No comments:

Post a Comment