Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

[Q: How do I encourage my son and keep him strong as THE ONLY BOY taking figure-skating lessons right now in our area? I want him to continue on knowing that it doesn’t matter. His happiness matters.]

My mother constantly told me she was proud of me and also made sure I understood the magnitude of what I was doing. She would say things like, “If you want to go to the Olympics one day, you will.” I think as long as you show your son how loved he is and how invested the family is in his success, nothing else really will affect him.
--figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir, Q & A With Johnny, November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment