Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Part of being “Johnny Weir” is having no regrets and also not being afraid to be myself. I have offended many, many people in my lifetime, but I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t cross boundaries. I am never scared. That is part of my brand personally. I would be so unhappy if I was doing what everyone else thought I should be doing in my life.
--foxsmallbusinesscenter.com, "Olympic Star Johnny Weir on How to Sell 'You'" by Suzanne Zionts, March 16, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment