Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm so, so honored to be here and privileged to be the grand marshal. It's an incredible, incredible experience. I'm here representing my community and so many beautiful people that I'm proud of. I'm here representing my family for supporting me the entire way through my youth, growing up, my career as an Olympian, no matter what, even with this schmatta in my hair.
--2011 LA Pride pre-parade press conference, June 12, 2011

Blogger's note: "schmatta" is Yiddish and means "rags, junk, low-quality goods."

No comments:

Post a Comment