Johnny Weir

Whether witty or wise, controversial or charming, shocking or silly, sweet or sassy, provocative or profound, inspiring or infuriating--or any combination of those--Johnny Weir, the three-time U.S. Champion, two-time Olympian, and World medalist figure skater, almost always says something worth quoting whenever he commentates a skating competition, makes a TV appearance, gives an interview, holds a press conference, writes, tweets, or is caught on video. His quotes needed to be collected and shared; hence this blog.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I learned how to fence while I was in Colorado and I can say that I am happy I am a figure skater and not a fencer. It is very difficult and I kept losing because I am not such an aggressive person for the most part. I kept wanting to shield my face instead of going in for the kill. Evan Bates went diva on me and killed me.
--figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir, Johnny Weir Online, journal, "Whirlwind," June 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment